Whilst lying abed and nursing my first winter cold and frankly hiding from the Yoda sleepover leftovers, I caught up on a couple of blog messages sitting in my emails. One of these was from awkwardeldon.com, in which he admits that he is remiss in acknowledging the blog awards he received.
This brought to mind the Versatile Blogger Award nomination that Hotoffthewire.com presented me with back in November.
Doing what I like to do, I researched this award. Can’t be too sure on the internet, you know. Turned out it’s a real thing passed about the blogosphere. Not everyone out there is impressed or flattered with this prize, but I am. A total stranger appreciated my words and passed the award my way. It wasn’t as if my friend from down the way said, “Hey, I’ll nominate you, if you nominate me.” I think its rather neat.
Now, I’m not so naive not to know that these awards are also used to drum up business for other bloggers. But isn’t that what we are here for in the first place, to be read? And if someone takes the time to notice my little blog then I should take the time to acknowledge that fact.
I let the nomination fall by the wayside because I didn’t have enough information on other bloggers to recommend the 15 that are suggested in the nomination “rules”. But after sticking this out for a few months and stalking around and joining the Weekly Photo Challenge, I’ve found kindred souls and some not-so kindred souls who make my reading and viewing pleasure more enjoyable, if not challenging.
So here it goes – according to the rules:
To fulfill the nomination, the nominee must:
- Give credit to the person who nominated you and create a link to their blog in your post (coming up so watch for it!).
- Create a list of 15 blogs that you enjoy most and link to those as well. You must then tell those bloggers you have nominated them for the award. If you don’t have 15, you can’t do this step. If you can’t do this step, you can’t claim the award.
- Finally, you must create and post a list of seven things about yourself.
Forgive me please of you are one of the bloggers I found that prefer not to partake. Just know that I nominate you in kind because I’ve found your site interesting, humorous, insightful and/or thought provoking:
- Thanks to Kelly Thompson of www.hotoffthewire.com for the nomination. Sorry it took so long to acknowledge.
(For no other reason than being the first 15 in order of my Blogs I Follow list)
- Bashert – www.bashert04.com – My lovely and creative life partner. Her photos are beautiful.
- The Pamela Chronicles – http://pamelamarie.wordpress.com- A newish friend met through Bashert. Premiere archivist and genuinely sweet person.
- Publikworks – http://publikworks.wordpress.com – Dry, funny, witty. Makes the everyday a little bit better to take.
- The Laughing Housewife – http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com – The first blog I ever “liked”. A funny, british lady who’s in love with the British version of Whoppers. Great jokes to have a laugh, groan or borrow.
- Janine/Shambolic Living – http://shambolicliving.wordpress.com – A wonderful blog I found through the weekly photo challenge. I stayed for the writing.
- Margie – http://latebloomerbuds.wordpress.com- Wonderful photos, full of colour and texture.
- Northern Narratives – http://northernnarratives.wordpress.com – Photos and words from where it’s really cold.
- Max Adams – http://celluloidblonde.wordpress.com – Sundries across the gamut. I never know what might pop up and get me thinking.
- Straight Guy in the Queer Skies – http://brianeasley.wordpress.com/ – Interesting tales of a straight airline steward.
- Spectra – http://spectrumwoman.com/ – She had me at her “other incarnation” photo.
- Becoming Cliche – http://becomingcliche.wordpress.com/ – A wonderfully humorous, if somewhat bumpy ride on the pathways of life.
- Eldon – http://awkwardeldon.com/ – The guy who reminded me about this. You just have to read.
- FrizzText – http://flickrcomments.wordpress.com/ – Interesting conglomeration of thoughts, photography and guitar. How ‘bout that for a combination?
- Susie & Amy – http://insatiablebooksluts.wordpress.com/ – Just what they say they are right up front. Any site that promotes reading and uses 1940’s pin up art is okay in my book.
- Dan/a LEGO a day – http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com/ – A fun must for anyone who loves their LEGOs with a pinch of humor.
- I was the fastest typist in my 8th grade typing class; 56 wpm. Typing, not keyboarding – you know…clack, clack, clack…bing!
- I once held hands with Leif Erickson (the actor, not the viking).
- If I developed a vice that would be the end of me, it would probably be gambling – Vegas and I did not part ways as friends.
- I have a small collection of playing cards, baseball caps and elephants. It’s one hell of a poker night.
- I missed graduating from college (the first time) with Cum Laude by 1/100th of a point. A very sore 1/100th of a point, indeed.
- I have not worn a dress since 1995. And truth be told, it was actually a skirt that my divorce attorneys made me wear. They thought it would make me look more feminine in court. Ever see a steel worker in drag? That was me.
- I wrote my one and only fan letter to Bobby Sherman in 1969. I understand he is a very nice man, who works in the California emergency services industry now. I still have his greatest hits on my iPod. Well, some of the greatest hits, well…okay, one song – Julie Do You Love Me. Eight year old me and 50 year old me don’t exactly have the same appreciation for his music.
Okay, there you go. Rules fulfilled and compliment acknowledged. Thank you for welcoming me into the sphere.